Advent calender season is upon us, and the beauty calenders that have been rising in popularity over the past few years are a far cry from the £1 chocolate calenders we buy from our local supermarket.
There are many multi brand beauty advent calenders out there but the one that has really stood out, this year, for me, is the one from Glossybox.
Glossybox is a beauty subscription company and their calender offering is always one to beat, especially this year.
It was available for £99 but was on offer for an amazing £80 for all subscribers. The price for a one month subscription is £13.25 (although you can get it on offer for £11), making the price of a calender and a subscription box less than the original £99 price!
The main reasons we are loving the Glossybox calender include:
1. The price is considerably lower than comparable calenders that range between the £120-£250 mark.
2. You get £390 worth of products!
3. It has a really good balance of makeup and skincare. We found that a lot of comparable calenders were predominantly skincare based.
4. Full sized products! We haven’t been fobbed off with a lot of sample sizes that companies often give out for free.
5. There are a lot of well known brands in here. Glossybox have a tendency to use some lesser known brands in their subscription box but this year’s calender holds cult favourites like Huda Beauty, Illamasqua, Avant, Sunday Riley.
Some of the stand out products include
Pixi – Glow Mist (Full Size)
Sunday Riley – Good Genes Glycolic Acid Treatment
Fenty Beauty – Match Stix Shimmer Skinstick (Full Size)
Huda Beauty – Power Bullet Matte Lipstick (Full Size)
Dermalogica – Daily Microfoliant
Iconic London – Day to Slay Eyeshadow Palette (Full Size)
With a lot of calenders going on sale from as early as September, it really is a race to grab your favourite.
I have to say that the last time I checked, Glossybox calendars had sold out but you never know what Santa has hidden the way in his sledge!